- About the wiki
- How this wiki works
- NEED HELP?
- Art and Artists
- All Gay Fiction ... our new blog!
- Free Gay E-fiction
- Book Launches
- The Booklovers' Lounge
- Cover Art Gallery
- Professional Services
- Publishers Now Reading
- USER FORUMS
- New Members
- The Press Room
- Advertise with us
- Terms Of Service
Will sets out to help Takoda and his tribe preserve some of their identity... and ends up finding his own. More...
People confound young, brilliant, college professor Brendon, including his boss. So when Josh, the assistant football coach, pursues him, Brendon isn’t sure what to make of him. More...
The love of men for men in the harsh yet magnificent world of historic America: here is a tale of passion and power, ambition and treachery in the beautiful Sangre de Cristo mountains. More...
If you're looking for the Steve Berman who happens to be the mayor of some town or a guy mentioned in the lyrics of a hip-hop song, you're in the wrong place. But, if you're seeking the author, editor and publisher, you've found me!
A lot of my stories are set (or at least mention) New Jersey. That's because I live in the southern part of the state, not far from Philadelphia.
My latest book, another collection of short fiction.
In acclaimed author Steve Berman's second collection of thirteen stories and essays, he again guides readers through the darker pathways of his imagination. These are stories of regret: the scent of loneliness enticing odd children to eat away a fussy caretaker's historic house; a depressed accountant turns to monster hunting; and a young lover's temptation by handsome nursery rhyme. After each tale Berman provides a tangential author note that offers insight into his past trysts as well as his fears and dreams.
A lonely boy walking along a highway one autumn evening meets the boy of his dreams, a boy who happens to have died decades ago and haunts the road. Awkward crushes, both bitter and sweet, lead him to face youthful dreams and childish fears. With its cast of offbeat friends, antiques, and Ouija boards, Vintage is not your typical romance but does offers readers a memorable blend of dark humor, chills and love.
A finalist for the Andre Norton Award and Gaylactic Spectrum Award!
Listed as one of the recommended titles for teens by the GLBT Roundtable of the American Library Association's Rainbow List!
- Charmed Lives: Gay Spirit in Storytelling (co-edited with Toby Johnson) (2006). The inaugural title in the White Crane Wisdom Series, this anthology of inspirational essays and short fiction for gay men was a finalist for a Lambda Literary Award.
- So Fey: Queer Fairy Fiction (2007, Reprinted 2009). This is an anthology of LGBT short fiction dealing with faeries was a finalist for the Gaylactic Spectrum Awards and the Golden Crown Literary Awards.
- Magic in the Mirrorstone (2008). This is an anthology of young-adult fiction, all stories dealing with magic (alas, none of the stories are gay-themed).
- Best Gay Stories (2008-09). An anthology reprinting quality short fiction and essays that have gay themes.
- Wilde Stories (2008-09). This new annual anthology offers reprints of the prior year's best works of speculative and interstitial fiction with gay characters and themes (the 2008 edition was a finalist for a Lambda Literary Award).
My personal homepage is steveberman.com.