- About the wiki
- How this wiki works
- NEED HELP?
- Art and Artists
- All Gay Fiction ... our new blog!
- Free Gay E-fiction
- Book Launches
- The Booklovers' Lounge
- Cover Art Gallery
- Professional Services
- Publishers Now Reading
- USER FORUMS
- New Members
- The Press Room
- Advertise with us
- Terms Of Service
Will sets out to help Takoda and his tribe preserve some of their identity... and ends up finding his own. More...
People confound young, brilliant, college professor Brendon, including his boss. So when Josh, the assistant football coach, pursues him, Brendon isn’t sure what to make of him. More...
The love of men for men in the harsh yet magnificent world of historic America: here is a tale of passion and power, ambition and treachery in the beautiful Sangre de Cristo mountains. More...
Seekers of Review
Seekers of Review at Flying With Red Haircrow
At Flying With Red Haircrow, I respect the courage it takes to allow someone to read your dreams and imaginings because in many ways it can reflect your ideals and inner self, some aspects that might not ordinarily be presented to the world.
At this site, I am a reader and reviewer of books. In many ways I understand the creative process because I am a writer myself, but like anyone else I have my likes and dislikes. I would never promise a positive review of everything I read, but I will always be fair because I do realize the words you write are personal. Just the same, I will never be derogatory or use wording that disrespects the author and the enormous time and effort they may have put into their work.
I place my personal background on my About Me page, so the writer can make an informed decision on whether to submit a review request, though the best place to view is my website/blog for some topics that interest me, Songs of the Universal Vagabond. It is strongly suggested authors seeking reviews at least briefly view those pages.
We cross-post our reviews and/or interviews links to our fanpage at Facebook, profile at Goodreads.com, Smashwords (if it’s possible), Amazon.com, Twitter, The LL Book Reviews and any other venue we are associated with if it is appropriate. This provides extra advertisement both for you and our website.
- PREFERRED: Science fiction, fantasy (all ranges speculative, etc.), historical fiction, historical fantasy.
- ACCEPTED: Many genres, fiction or non-fiction, poetry, essays on a case-by-case basis.
- NO ACCEPTANCE: Anything regarding politics, political themes, religion and religious beliefs, fiction or non-fiction. Any material supporting the belief of superiority of one group over another, in any form. Romance, Children’s, Young Adult.
- RATINGS: We accept all levels, with the one clause whether its sexual explicitness or violence: they need to be relevant to the story itself in some ways. Not just description for description’s sake.
- Please query first at theredhairedcrow at gmail dot com before sending any files. If we are interested in reviewing your work, we will contact you for an e-book file. In the subject line include “Review Request” and the title of your work.
- In the body of your email please include genre and a short blurb or description. A publisher, publication date, ISBN and links to where the work is available are helpful. A short bio, website info and photo are optional.
- Self-published or indie works are fine, please make it your best edition.
- We accept stories in English, and shorter length works in German and Russian.
- We reserve the right to decline any request.
- For those seeking Interviews, you need only query at the same email address above with your request. We send you a list of questions, please type your answers into the document, save and return them to us. They will be posted as received. If accompanying a review, they will be posted together. Interviews are within the genres we read.
- If you have a Press Releases, Promo or New Release Post, if submitted, will be posted both here and at Indie Publisher-Flying With Red Haircrow, which all feed to Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, etc. For your information to be added, you need to include all information that is normally required in a standard press release/kit: cover image, descriptions, all relevant links, where to buy, etc. All relevant facts need to be included. PR, Promos & Announcements are within the genres we read.