- About the wiki
- How this wiki works
- NEED HELP?
- Art and Artists
- All Gay Fiction ... our new blog!
- Free Gay E-fiction
- Book Launches
- The Booklovers' Lounge
- Cover Art Gallery
- Professional Services
- Publishers Now Reading
- USER FORUMS
- New Members
- The Press Room
- Advertise with us
- Terms Of Service
Will sets out to help Takoda and his tribe preserve some of their identity... and ends up finding his own. More...
People confound young, brilliant, college professor Brendon, including his boss. So when Josh, the assistant football coach, pursues him, Brendon isn’t sure what to make of him. More...
The love of men for men in the harsh yet magnificent world of historic America: here is a tale of passion and power, ambition and treachery in the beautiful Sangre de Cristo mountains. More...
Publishers Now Reading
Silver Publishing is open for submissions! Check out our Special Submissions page for updates!
Torquere Press, the first GLBT Romance epublisher, is open to GLBT romance submissions in all categories. Click here for current open anthology and special calls.
Torquere Press focuses on GLBT romance, exclusively. We publish all the sub-genres of romance -- paranormal, contemporary, western, suspense, etc.. We do require a happy ending, whether that ending is happily ever after or happy for now.
All submissions must contain gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered characters. While works do not need to be graphic, they must contain romance and focus on the interaction between characters. Acceptance preference will be given to stories with fully realized romances and a high level of sensuality.
All manuscripts must be submitted to email@example.com as an attachment in either .doc, .txt, or .rtf format.
- Novel - 45,000 words and up
- Novella - 20-45,000 words
- Novelette - 10-20,000 words
- Short Stories - Under 10,000 words
We are primarily looking for homoerotic stories in all genres. We are not looking for sex without characterization. Plotty, sensual character-driven novels are our focus. We are currently actively seeking menage stories (m/m/f) and sensual, sexy gay novels (m/m).
We will not accept stories with underage (below the age of 18) romantic leads, or that contain rape for titillation or other gratuitious violence. We will also reject stories that are clearly a copyright infringement, including any that have been converted from fanfiction or that are based on TV shows, movies, or literary characters. While we appreciate experimental stories and a wide range of sexual practices, please no bodily functions such as scat etc.. Erotic horror is acceptable, but graphic sexual torture will be refused. We do not accept simultaneous submissions. We do accept multiple submissions.
We are not currently seeking m/f/f romance.
Unsolicited manuscripts are accepted at any time. Please remember, however, that current projects take precedence, and while we will acknowledge all submissions in a timely manner, it may take some time for one of our editors to review your work. Please allow 3-8 weeks for a response.. All accepted works will need to be provided to us as an electronic file, and please note we are now using electronic contracts.
Check out our Special Calls page for any additional calls that you might be interested in.
We do not offer advances; however we do pay royalties on sales from our website and from our distributors approximately 30 to 45 days after the end of each quarter. Silver Publishing pays 60% net on royalties earned for e-book and paperback sales whether it be on Silver Publishing or from one of our distribution partners.
For a sample contract, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SP accepts both homosexual and heterosexual erotic romance. Although accepted works do not need to contain graphic sex scenes, a sexual relationship between two or more characters must be integral to the storyline. We also welcome stories which are unexpected, surprising, dark, controversial, and cross-genre. We accept both stand-alone and well-developed series. We have only a few exclusions, and here they are:
- Pedophilia. Specifically, sexual interaction between adults and under aged characters.
- Necrophilia. Specifically, sexual interaction between characters and corpses. (Undead is fine.)
- CONTEMPORARY modern day love stories with strong characters
- HISTORICAL love stories dating back in time which remain within the same era (no time travel); Vikings, Medieval, Tudors, Elizabethan, Regency, Pirate, Colonial, Americana, etc.
- PARANORMAL vampires, werewolves, shifters, zombies, boogie men, etc.
- WESTERNS Cowboys, ranchers, and Native Americans.
- BDSM bondage, discipline, dominance, submission, sadomasochism
- MYSTERY/SUSPENSE/ACTION detectives/police/investigators (anyone with a badge), fast-paced thrillers, political thrillers, mystery, crime thriller, suspense, espionage, and in-the-field stories.
- SCI-FI Science fiction, urban worlds, futuristic, time travel, and alternate reality.
- FANTASY magic, dragons, elves, fairies, myths, etc.
- HOLIDAY STORIES Valentine's Day, Halloween, or Christmas
- Sparkle: 5,000 - 15,000 words
- Novella: 15,001-25,999 words
- Novel-Lite: 26-45,999 words
- Novel: 46,000 words and up
- CONTEMPORARY - stories set in modern day without any fantastical or paranormal elements
- FANTASY - all subgenres, including urban fantasy, high fantasy, epics, magic, superhero, mythology, fairy tales, legends, etc.
- GAY - stories in any subgenre whose focus is a loving relationship between consenting, adult men
- HISTORICAL - stories set in any era before Stonewall
- HORROR - stories intended to scare, unsettle, or horrify (no vampires, werewolves, or shifters)
- HUMOR Ã¢â‚¬â€œ stories in any subgenre with humorous elements which are the driving focus of the plot
- INTERRACIAL - stories with characters of different races in a relationship
- LESBIAN - stories in any subgenre whose focus is a loving relationship between consenting, adult women
- MILITARY/WAR Ã¢â‚¬â€œ stories in any subgenre with military characters or set during wartime
- NON-FICTION - please query
- POETRY - please query
- SCIENCE FICTION - all subgenres, including futuristic, space opera, time travel, alternate reality/history, utopia or dystopia, etc.
- TRANSGENDER - stories in any subgenre whose focus is a loving relationship between consenting, adult characters who identify with the gender other than the one with which they were born, including intersexual, transsexual, transvestite, and gender-queer characters
- YOUNG ADULT Ã¢â‚¬â€œ stories in any subgenre aimed at readers between the ages of 14-18
Up for Grabs 2: the Third Gender is the working title of the sequel to Up for Grabs, which has received a lot of attention in reviews. While UFG had a focus on changing from one gender to another, I would like to see stories about people in between. Gender is not binary. These stories will explore modern and future expressions of third genders. Some ideas I would like to see examined are:
- Protagonists using mechanical, surgical, magical, or VR to express a gender other than the standard two.
- Coming of age stories
- Stories about protagonists who may not be young and gorgeous, but who have age and experience.
- Stories where third genders are normal, even common.
- Descriptions of new ways to have sex beyond the traditional.
Random Static are looking for speculative fiction by kiwi writers (citizens or residents of NZ) for an upcomming anthology. It's not going to be a queer-specific collection, but the theme - "the future is a foreign country: they do things differently there" - has plenty of potential for playing with issues of sexuality and gender. See http://www.aucontraire.org.nz/competitions-writing.php for details.
Lillibridge Press is seeking stories in these genres only: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Horror/Gothic, Myths/Tales,Magic/Occult, Superheroes, High Romance, LGBTQ, and Erotica.
Stories can stand alone or be part of a well-developed series,but must have an element of the speculative.
Length Standards Requested:
Short Fiction - 2,500 to 7,500 words
Novelette - 7,500 to 17,500 words
Novella - 17,500 to 40,000 words
Novel - 40,000 to 100,000 words
We are seeing steady growth in our f/f aka lesfic sales, but what we don't have are new lesfic stories to publish. The sad fact is we have NONE on our schedule for next year at all.
There is a slow growing trend in sales for lesfic titles, and we've heard more readers are asking for f/f books and stories at writing conventions.
So, all you lesfic authors, send us some stories! We'd love to be able to publish some lesfic holiday themed pieces or lesfic books that fit into our special theme calls. How about some f/f novels?
We're really serious about this. Unlike most publishers we DO want f/f. We'd like to be able to release one f/f every two months. Ideally it would be nice to release one a month, but we're realists. We accept stories from Short Stories of 5,000 words to Grand Epic Novels of 120k or more, with heat levels from Zero Spark to Meltdown.