- About the wiki
- How this wiki works
- NEED HELP?
- Art and Artists
- All Gay Fiction ... our new blog!
- Free Gay E-fiction
- Book Launches
- The Booklovers' Lounge
- Cover Art Gallery
- Professional Services
- Publishers Now Reading
- USER FORUMS
- New Members
- The Press Room
- Advertise with us
- Terms Of Service
Will sets out to help Takoda and his tribe preserve some of their identity... and ends up finding his own. More...
People confound young, brilliant, college professor Brendon, including his boss. So when Josh, the assistant football coach, pursues him, Brendon isn’t sure what to make of him. More...
The love of men for men in the harsh yet magnificent world of historic America: here is a tale of passion and power, ambition and treachery in the beautiful Sangre de Cristo mountains. More...
Advertise with us
| How to advertise with GLBT Bookshelf
You'll need access to a PayPal account or Credit Card to transfer funds, and you'll need to be able to supply artwork, blurbs and teasers as required. If you don't have PayPal, you can use a Credit Card via the PayPal server to fund the transaction. (If you're one of the many people who refuse to do business via PayPal, email us and tell us what you usually do ... but remember, we are NOT a business, and we do NOT have merchant facilities such as Credit Card and EFTPOS processing. Your solution must accommodate this.)
1. Choose the page on which you'd like your ads to appear;
2. Select the type of ad you'd like to run;
3. Assemble the art and text necessary for your ad;
4. Contact Admin and tell us what you need; we'll advise what's available, and when: space is first come, first served;
5. Use PayPal to send funds to The Bookshelf...
6. In the PayPal's message field, be sure to give us a name by which to identify the ad, and you;
7. In a separate email, send us the blurbs and/or teasers for your ad, and attach the cover(s) as JPEGs.
7. In that email, give us the link to the wiki page you want your ad to link to.*
8. If you're buying core page ads, be sure to tell us WHICH core page(s) you'd like your ads to run on.
9. Send off the PayPal ... we'll be in touch in 24-48 hours, by which time your ad should be running.
*NOTE: All ads point INTO the wiki, not out of it. This means that we don't, and can't place exit (outbound) links in our hub ad core pages. This is because the number of outbound links would rapidly multiply, and the Google searchbot would soon look at us and see a link farm. This causes Google to heavily penalize a site ... we can have our page ranking permanently zeroed out, which would hurt the entire community! To get around this, ALL ads point to pages inside the wiki. If necessary, we'll build you a "jump" page, which is a wiki page holding a repeat of your ad, plus any additional material you'd like to supply, and a big, friendly link to your off-wiki page. It's one extra click for your potential visitor, and you can "bait" your jump page with goodies to make it irresistible. Problem solved.
The Homepage: left column -- loads with every pageload anywhere on the site;